SC - PPC 64

alysk@ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 14 12:40:31 PDT 2000

> One "fact" which makes me doubt the authenticity of some of
>  these claims is the reference to salted coffee being consumed regularly in
>  the middle ages, and into modern times.
I have a friend who was born and raise in Morocco, and this is how she
makes it. It is made rather like Turkish coffee, without the sugar and
spices. ( sometimes a little cinnamon, just a stir or two, with a stick, but
I suspect that is not traditional. )

I thought salted coffee was a bit strange, but it has an interesting
effect on the palate, and seems to make the taste of oranges and other
fruits "pop" without lessening the sweetness. It is marvelous with Toasted
Almond Ice Cream.

Salted coffee is indeed drunk, and at this time in history, at least in one
village in Morocco, and, until recently, in one office building in Stamford,
CT.

Brandu