SC - dream camp kitchens

Debra R. Poole dpoole1 at airmail.net
Wed Jun 14 14:08:40 PDT 2000

A vast variety of spices has been added to coffee through history.  I believe the
most common was cardamom in the middle east, although I've had cinnamon there as
well.  As for salt, just about anybody that has had military coffee has had a
small amount of salt in it.  Something along the order of 10 or 12 grains per 12
cup pot.  Seems to cut the acids naturally present in the coffee.  We routinely
make coffee with salt added, and my wife (who didn't drink coffee until she met
me) won't drink it any other way.

wajdi