SC - questions

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jun 14 22:58:32 PDT 2000

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> Sounds good to me! Although in my case I want a working Tudor kitchen....
> speaking of dream kitchens
> << .do we get points towards a Viking stove for
>  recruiting new SCA members????? >>

Yep, collect enought box tops^W^W new members and you get your captians
bars^W^Wcoronet.

Anyway, based on what I remember the "viking stoves" were more like open
fireplaces. I *know* of the kind where you cover a layer of rocks with
clay, but I *think* the rised kind (i.e. build a block of large rocks)
was used as well.

I've worked with the latter type and they are quite nice. You get an
air-flow from below fire since the stacked rocks allow air to enter.
Supposdly you need to dismantle them and rebuild ever now and then,
since the ashes fill out the airspaces.

A period house, with such a rised fireplace and at least three or
four chains for hanging pots over the fire... drool.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
I think the US Government has been going about this all wrong.  It's not
the DoJ that needs to investigate Microsoft; this is a job for the DEA.
		-- Anthony DeBoer