SC - questions

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 22:58:36 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/14/00 7:59:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

> Also I am aware of what the point was of mentioning the 3 oz. portions but
my

>  point was that a 'feast' was served to literally hundreds of attendees.
See
>  Chiquart for the large number of food items required for a feast. 10,000
> eggs
>  comes to mind as a requirement so thousands of birds does not seem
>  unreasonable as a typical 'catch' for a typical royal progress feast.

Again, I believe the "preparations" mentioned in Du Fait were not for an
actual feast, but for a "worst (or best) case scenario".  I believe it was to
be used solely as a model if the cook _ever_ had to prepare for a feast that
large.

I may be wrong.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?