SC - Medieval Coffee

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 00:07:35 PDT 2000

Balthazar of Blackmoor said:
> Whilst stumbling around Amazon.com the other day, I came across a book
> entitled 'Coffee and Cofeehouses" which, according to the blurb and editorial
> reviews, traces the history of coffee consumption in the Near Middle East in
> medieval times.
>
> Any reviews of the book (or similar ones) would be
> appreciated.

I can't remember if that book is one of the ones mentioned and reviewed
in this file or not. But I would look in here before buying. There were
several books debated somewhat hotly between a few of this lists members.
This is in the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium:
coffee-msg        (81K)  2/15/00    Coffee and coffee-type drinks.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net