SC - semi-precious stones and pearls

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Jun 15 07:06:44 PDT 2000

Exactly!
It has gotten to the point when disaster loomed [ok, just sort of lurked on the
horizon] with a spoiled batch of hummus, my first thought was making a period
sals from the miscellaney that I had known that Elysant, Ras and Puck made a
short time before ppped into my mind, rather than sending somebody out to the
store for more hummus. Worked out admirably, and I want to make the white sals
again this year [but with a real mortar and pestle, not plastic bags and used
propane tanks...] I know we had a blast doing it!

I will admit however to decorating the dish in a manner that I had no
documentation for but it made sense at the time and lookes really spiffy.
[i swirled sumac and poppy seeds around the top in a double spiral and bordered
the edge with dried parsley. Sort of springing from the modern practice of
shaking paprika on top and adding fresh chopped parsley to the top of hummus. I
liked the contrast of the black poppy seeds, the red of the sumach and the tan of
the walnut puree. Very spif and tasty too. The sharp of the sumach contrasted
with the earthy walnut taste.]
margali
who is finally going to breakdown and get a new pair of cariadocs work!