SC - Poppa's mustard

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 22:05:14 PDT 2000

- -----Original Message-----
From: LrdRas at aol.com <LrdRas at aol.com>
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Date: Thursday, June 15, 2000 12:15 AM
Subject: Re: SC - questions

>In a message dated 6/14/00 9:25:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>mooncat at in-tch.com writes:
>
><< There is no reason to be
> serving watermelon, corn-on-the-cob, steak, and a baked potato at an SCA
> event >>
>
>Although I agree with your views on maize and potatoes. Steak is western
>culture period and so is watermelon. :-)
>
>Ras

            To make stekys of venson or bef
    Take Venyson or Bef, & leche & gredyl it up bruon; then take vynegree &
a litel verious, & a lytil Wyne, & putte pouder perpir ther on y now, and
pouder Gyngere; & atte the dressoure straw on pouder Canelle y-now, that the
stekys be al y-helid ther-wyth, & but a litel sawce; & than serue it forth.
        From ' a fifteenth century cookry boke ' pg 12