SC - questions/kinda long, sorry

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 10:09:24 PDT 2000

I believe you are speaking of an infestation of Phylloxera vitifoliae, the
grape louse, which occurred in the mid-19th Century.  American grapes are
resistant to P. vitifoliae, so cuttings from European species were grafted
to the roots of American species.  The vinyards were damaged, but the
species survived.

Bear