SC - kitchen in a krak

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Jun 17 01:05:31 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/17/00 12:25:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
raghead at liripipe.com writes:

> The other interesting part of those RII numbers is that there are only 300
>  servitors to those 10000 feasters. that's just 1 server for every 33
>  feasters.  That seems decidedly low to me, even for slap the pot of stew on
>  the table type serving.

Actually, you would be surprised to see how many tables a well trained and
efficient server can handle, particularly at a banquet (as opposed to an ala
carte event).  My servers at the hotel would regularly run 35 to 40 people on
their own, including bussing and beverage service (non-alcoholic only...we
had cocktail waitresses for the booze.  Different budget, different labor
pool...)   A well organized and attentive staff is a blessing in this
business, as I'm sure it was in the Middle Ages...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?