SC - Brighid's Spanish Cinnamon-Fruit Rolls

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Sun Jun 18 18:12:36 PDT 2000

Hello the List!

Some months ago the URL for Herbie's Spices was posted to the list.

http://www.herbies.com.au/

Needing more Cubebs last week, I took the plunge and used their online
ordering system - here's what I found!

Seems to be a good range - they have Cubebs, Long Peppers, Mastic, Sumac and
Saffron for reasonable prices.

Ordering takes place through Ozevillage - one of those multi-group service
systems.  Fairly straight forward although the mandatory field of
"telephone" seemed to be set to straight numbers only (no ()or words
accepted when I used it) and the system auto-reset to "Victoria" as state of
origin and I had to email Herbies - herbie at herbies.com.au - to clarify my
postal address.

Shipping costs for my order was $8.50 - but as delivery was via an
"Overnight priority" post bag, I'm not complaining (and it depends on weight
of order - I had a couple of bags of spices plus a 100ml bottle of Rose
water - so it wasn't precisely light.

Delivery was incredibly prompt - my order was placed Thursday lunchtime and
I received it this morning (Monday).

I don't know how the GST will affect their prices - will advise after the
1st July (and my next order) :-)

Mari de Paxford
Brisbane, Australia