SC - Re: Orach vs Spinach, kinda long

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 18:22:44 PDT 2000

"Christina van Tets" <cjvt at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, yes, except that all the pictures I have in my possession show
> the table skirt to be between about 10 and 18 inches deep, by my
> approximation.

I don't know about the pleats, but this definition seems to imply the
long skirt and/or double cover on top were special:

Doublier: A long, and large Table-cloth of Damask, Diaper, &c. hanging
to the ground on both sides of the boord, and laid double thereon; a
Table-cloth for Princes, and great States. (Cotgrave 1611)

Temair