SC - mortars

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 19 22:19:04 PDT 2000

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Nick Sasso wrote:

> I must admit here that I do very little if any pre-cooking/testing of
> dishes for my menus.

> I'm not adamantly opposed to it, just think that a few cooks together
> with skill and knowledge could assemble a virtual reality of the dish
> and menu with some success without the absolute need to precook every
> new recipe.

I tend to precook things. But that comes naturally; a large portion of
my day to day cooking is from standard cooking books like Two 15th
Century Cookbooks. When making a recipie first time I have a fairly good
idea of what the end result will be, and I (too) go slowly along while I
make it. Am I surpised? Sometimes, but quite seldom. My only problem is
picky eaters. Not being one myself I have a hard time figuring out what
will set them off.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
"No, no more discussion.  Discussion is for the wise or the helpless,
and I am neither."              -- Leela