SC - food classification question

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 23:49:59 PDT 2000

Margaret gave an interesting recipe:

> Cut up and grind as much rich cheese as I said for the White Torta.  And
> add bleta, parsley, marjoram rinsed and cut up, four eggs well beaten,
> ground pepper, a little saffron, a quantity of liquamen or butter, and
> mix with your hands, so that it mearly forms one mass.  I the same way,
> put it into a pan, with a bottom crust, and place it on the hearth.
> When it is half cooked, to make it seem more colorful pour over it an
> egg beaten with saffron.  It should be done when the upper crust rises.
> This is even worse [unhealthy] than the torta above [e.g. cheesecake]
>
> 5 eggs
> 2 cups shredded mozzeralla cheese
> 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
> 1/4 cup melted or softened butter
> 1 tsp fresh marjoram chopped
> 1/2 cup broad leaf parsley, chopped
> 2 romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
> 1/4 tsp pepper
> 3 or 4 threads saffron
> 1 pie shell and 9 or 10" pan (this makes a reasonable 10" pie, or very
> full 9" pie)

I want to put this in the Florilegium, but I'm not sure where. Are torta
a whole class of recipes? This sounds like a quiche, too. While I at
first thought I'd put this in cheese-msg or eggs-msg, I'm not sure that
one is really more dominant than the other. And both those files are
getting big enough that something needs to get split off from them,
anyway. Maybe egg-dishes-msg, leaving mostly egg information rather
than recipes in the eggs-msg file.

Any ideas or preferances? Where would you look first for such a recipe?
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net