SC - seasoning iron cooking ware

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 19 23:52:41 PDT 2000

Just for fun, I tried making them:

1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/4 t cloves
1 c flour + 3 T
1/2 c water

I mixed the spices with the flour, stirred in the water, kneaded
smooth--the final 3T of flour were because it was a bit wet. I then
divided it into about six portions, flattened one to about 1/8", and
did the others at various shapes between that and a ball. I cooked it
at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, turning them over after the first ten
minutes.

The spice taste was noticeable--and other than that, of course, they
came out bland. The thinnest one was probably the best. I may see
what happens if I split some of them and then dry them in a low oven,
to get something closer to a cracker effect.

Edible, and (according to Hildigard) good for you, but not very tasty.
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/