SC - Re: Currants vs Zante raisins (Long reply)

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jun 20 05:37:50 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/20/2000 3:42:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

> Wasn't potash used as a leavening during the Middle Ages?

I know it was in the days after "the recent unpleasantness" here in the
South, but the general consensus on the list is that it wasn't in period, or
at least that was the impression I got the last time we discussed this on the
list. Anybody remember what "hartshorn" turned out to be?

Corwyn