SC - questions

UnruhBays, Melanie A UnruhBays.Melanie.A at broadband.att.com
Tue Jun 20 15:34:23 PDT 2000

> Or did you mean "'Grains of paradise' has been used to describe
> cardamom seeds by the authors of bad modern secondary sources on
> medieval cooking?"

Actually, 'grains of paradise' has been described as cardomom by a bad
secondary source on herbs and herbalism, relying on information from 19th
century spice industry. (That is, _Spices and Herbs, Lore and Cookery_, by
Elizabeth Hayes. _NOT_ a good source.)

I went chasing this at one point... I'll see if I can duplicate my tracks.
Because I came to the conclusion that the conflating of grains of paradise
and cardamom was actually semi-modern instead of period...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
   "My hands are small I know, but they're not yours, they are my own"