SC - Gryffon du Lac (Lorix's husband) update

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Jun 26 19:51:37 PDT 2000

 Has anyone ever  watched any of the (immensly popular) Star Wars
movies??  Pure Fantasy!!  Do you sit on your sofas at home and say,
"well, really!  A sword made of coherent light?  This is too much!!  Why
can't they educate people with this stuff??  Show us what the future will
really be like..."?

> Balthazar of Blackmoor

	I had to have a very serious conversation with a customer I had once
whilst working in a costume shop over Halloween.  Customer -"I want a
light saber." Me - "Yes, sir, we have these over here (showing him
selection of flashlight/plastic tubing models)".  Him - "No, I want a
real one." Me - "Well, sir, these are the ones licensed by the company
that holds the rights." Him- "No, I mean a real one like they have in the
movie.  I want one that will really cut like that."  Now I am clued in to
the fact that this fellow's sky is a slightly different color than yours
and mine.  I had to persuade him that no, I did not carry the 'real
ones', and maybe he should contact Lucas himself to find out the straight
facts.   He left just sure that I didn't know what I was talking about,
what do you mean, no such thing?
	All in the eyes of the beholder...
	Christianna