SC - medieval times?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 19:25:25 PDT 2000

This is the recipe I was referring to in my other post.

Source: Ruperto de Nola, _Libro de Guisados_ (Spanish 1529)
Translation: Lady Brighid ni Chiarain (Robin Carroll-Mann)

. MANJAR IMPERIAL - Imperial Dish
	For half a dozen bowls, take half an azumbre of milk and half a pound of
ground and sifted rice and half a dozen eggs (only the yolks), and put the milk
and the rice flour to cook in a saucepan; and stir it constantly in one direction,
away from the fire, until it is well beaten and dissolved; and this is before it is
put to cook on the hearth; and then cast the half pound of sugar into it and
put it to cook on the hearth upon the embers, keeping it away from the flames
so that the smoke doesn't reach it; and when it becomes thickened, take it off
the hearth; and take the well beaten egg yolks; and cast into them a spoonful
of milk; and stir it all the time in one direction; and return it to the embers that
it may properly finish thickening; and when this is done take it off the hearth
and leave it aside to rest; and if you wish to eat it, dish it out immediately; and
cast on the dishes sugar and cinnamon.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann