SC - Payn Ragoun - 2 redactions

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Jun 27 10:23:13 PDT 2000

Good morning from Eden,
Alys Katherine wrote re gunthar's request for info on Roman foods "If you're
not in any rush about the research, what might
be available in the records about Pompeii and Herculaneum?"

Along this line I'd suggest looking at 'Art, Culture, & Cuisine'  by Phyllis
Pray Bober.  (The University of Chicago Press, 1998.)  ISBN 0-226-06253-8.

I've only had time to skim it so far, but the section on roman cuisine looks
like it has a lot of content re foods from both Pompeii & Herculaneum.  My
first glance was inteterseting enough that i plan to use it as a tour guide
for my visit to Pompeii later this year :->

Also if you have heating facilities for these "food booths" the tarentine
meatballs from apicius are VERY yummy.
Eden

WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com