SC - Payn Ragoun - 2 redactions

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Wed Jun 28 12:14:56 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/27/00 6:23:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jenne at tulgey.browser.net writes:

> Sorry, please take a look at Markham and at French's Art of Distillation.
>  If impressing A&S judges means that you have to go by the current A&S
>  myths, rather than looking at the sources which say ale (grain based,
>  sorry I guess beer is hopped, which we don't want), as well as wine, then
>  well, I guess they can just go hang....

Two statements, and then I'll move on...

1)  Not all beer is hopped (or very heavily hopped).  I have brewed some
exquisite unhopped ales, robust and malty, which would make great bases for
distillation.

2)  Why do you 'not' want hopped ales for distillation?  Is it an A&S thing,
or a flavor factor?  Hops were used in period...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Mr. Wizard, what happens when you combine pasta and antipasta?