SC - etymology of beer

Thomas Gloning gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Thu Jun 29 18:11:03 PDT 2000

Ilia asks for an icecream recipe using the egg yolks.  It's really just a
custard that you then freeze.

Here is the base recipe we use to which we add whatever flavor the moment
dictates :->

1/2 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
1 tsp corn starch
2 cups half&half milk & cream
up to 1/4 cup flavoring agents (coffee, liqueurs, chocolate etc.)

Boil the milk/cream,
combine the eggs sugar & cornstarch
temper the egg mixture with warm milk & transfer back into milk pot whisking
constantly
add flavoring agents
heat gently stirring constantly until it thickens.  let the mixture cool
down & them pour into ice cream maker.

enjoy
WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com