SC - Re: [sig] Polish medieval cooking

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jun 29 23:45:42 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/29/00 9:28:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lcatherinemc at hotmail.com writes:

<<
   Do you have the Doc. for these.  I would like to serve then at a lunch
 planed for an Estates meeting of another group.

   Ldy Katherine McGuire

    "The Complete Receipt Book of Ladie Elynor Fettiplace , Vol. 1",
published by  Stuart Press, is the version I have. It's *just* the recipes,
with no commentary, unlike the lovely book put out by the wife of the
gentleman who inherited this household book, which is far more commentary
than recipes, and quite fascinating. It was started by Lady Elynor in 1604,
and passed on to her niece in 1647. It is, therefore, technically outside our
period, but no more so than several other works that are commonly used in the
Society.

                Ldy Diana