SC - Celtic recipes

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Sun Jun 11 16:46:02 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/11/00 8:20:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

> Mbatmantis at aol.com
>  Subject: SC - Celtic recipes
>
>   I am helping cook a feast in Nov. The theme is Celtic. Can anyone offer a
>  source for recipes or references to the diet? Anything is much appreciated.
>                          Thanks,
>                          Merald

I have recipes researched for an Irish 12th C Feast with some Viking
influence. The recipes are based on archaeological evidence, food
availability (some period sources outlining duty lists etc.) literary
references and limited use of slightly outside period recipes. If your
interested post me personally and I'll electronically send the document(close
to 30 pages IIRC) .

Is Bonne out there? How did your Irish feast go?

BTW, for anyone frustrated over the fraction use in recipes I posted, I had
cut and pasted them from documents in Word. I thought Stefan was the only one
with a problem reading them. They were 3 character fractions, not symbols, so
all I can do is redo the fraction once I post it in an email. Will that fix
the problem?

Hauviette