SC - German Elizabethan???

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Jun 12 06:06:10 PDT 2000

These are several books that I used in preparing an Elizabethan feast.  Madge
Lorwin's book has recipes from a number of period books, including Robert Mays'
The Accomplisht Cook.  The first book has a wonderful salad in it that sort of
doubles as a soteltie as it looks like a summer garden.  There are a number of
others out there, but these were the ones I had immediately available.

Brears, Peter, Maggie Black, Gill Corbishley, Jane Renfrew and Jennifer Stead.
A Taste of History.
 London:  British Museum Press, 1994.

Caton, Mary Anne,ed.  Fooles and Fricassees:  Food in Shakespeare’s England.
Washington, DC:
 The Folger Shakespeare Library, 1999

Lorwin.  Madge.  Dining with William Shakespeare.  New York:  Atheneum, 1976.

And of course, The Closet of Sir Kenelm Digby Opened is a classic!

If you have any further questions/needs, let me know and I'll see what I can dig
up!

Kiri