SC - gravlax

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 26 20:50:43 PDT 2000

Boudicca of Mare Amethystinum asked:
> The 2 questions I would like to pose to the list are, is gravlax period for
> a Viking type feast and if so, does anyone have any good recipes or tips on
> what it should be served with?

Welcome to this list, Boudicca!

We have discussed gravlax and similar preserved fish on this list a few
times. You might want to take a look at this file in the FOOD section of
my Florilegium:
stockfish-msg     (81K)  5/26/00    Period preserved fish. Dried, smoked
and
                                       salted fish. Recipes.

For Norse feast and food information perhaps these files in the
FOOD-BY-REGION section might be of use:
fd-Iceland-msg    (36K) 12/ 6/99    Food of medieval Iceland. Recipes.
fd-Norse-msg      (36K)  9/17/99    Norse and Viking food.

There is also this article in the NORSE section:
Norse-food-art     (8K)  7/26/94    Article on what the Norse ate.

I hope this helps.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net