SC - grapes

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 20 12:19:32 PDT 2000

>this doesn't exactly answer your question, but ....
>If you have grape juice and want to cut the sweet, use lemon
>juice to taste.  I made "dry site hippocras".  the addition
>of the lemon juice helped a lot.

My dry site hippocras is a mixture of unsweetened unfiltered apple juice,
unsweetened cranberry juice and sweetened white grape juice from concentrate
with balsamic vinegar to taste and the spice combination from - um, I
forgot.  The Redon book, I think.   I used sweetened white grape juice was
because I prefer the white grape juice tastewise and I couldn't find an
unsweetened version.  The final color of the punch was like a nice pale red
wine, with the unfiltered bits from the apple juice giving it a nice 'body'.

Bonne