SC - Getting people to eat period food

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Mar 1 18:37:11 PST 2000

Christine A Seelye-King was kind enough to send me. It has been
slightly edited for layout, but i have not changed the content.

Some other messages in the thread indicate that "family" is used
where "genus" should have been used.
Also as there has been some botanical reorganization, some plants
appear in more than one species, because they were so listed in
different books.

If i am understanding correctly, the long, pale green Italian gourd
is a Languinaria. Please, anyone, correct me if i have confused
things. The plant that Pinetree Seeds is selling under Italian
Vegetables - Gourds-Edible
- --- from on-line catalog ---
IT66. CUCUZZI (55 days)
Italian edible gourd. You can tell that these are truly gourds from
the leaf shape and the white flowers, but when harvested young, the
uses are identical to zucchini. The flavor is stronger,
however--difficult to
describe. Vines are long and spreading. As with the zucchetta
tromboncino, if you don't harvest them young, these will grow to a
remarkable length, close to 4 feet. 20 seeds .55
- --- end quote from catalog ---

I could find no gourds on-line at Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.

Anahita al-shazhiyya