SC - Getting people to eat period food

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 09:25:27 PST 2000

> How are horses different from cows or sheep or pigs or other mammals that
> they slow gleefully eat?

They're cute!  Have you no decency?!  You can't eat cute animals!  What ---
a cow?  Get on the f*^%ing truck.  (To paraphrase Denis Leary)

> Either don't kill any of 'em, or eat 'em all. But why let sentimentality
> or irrational squeamishness enter into it?

YES!  I'd much rather have eaten the majority of the dogs I've met than be
begged from, jumped on, stared at, and slobbered on by them.  They must be
out there, but I've yet to meet a smart dog.  (Oh, I've just alienated all
the dog people on the list. :)  I can hear someone asking "Would you eat
a cat?"  Well, yes.  Granted, not a cat that I know (unless my plane
crashed in the Andes and the cat died in the crash), but if I was served a
cat dish made from an animal I had no emotional bond to, I'd have no
problem.  Blood and all.

As I said a few months ago, most people would rather not think about where
meat comes from past the styrofoam and plastic wrap.  One of my favorite
sayings is "If it used to have a face, serve it forth!", but then I'm a
freak.  :)
Iyad ibn Bisharo / Thrain Tjúguskegg
Shire of Easaraigh, Kingdom of Meridies
Chip Allen, Cookeville, TN