SC - Conch

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Mar 3 20:13:52 PST 2000

In one of the 20+ digests in the last 3 days (Wow!) someone wrote:

> If High table wants to drink iced tea or tang... fine. They'll do it
> out of period goblets and no one need be the wiser.

Which brings up a question I've been thinking about while planning a
feast for fall.  Since I've been in the SCA, in the Kingdom of
Meridies, every feast at which I cooked, served or dined included iced
tea.  Usually ice water, sometimes lemonade or cider, occasionally
wine, beer or mead in years past, but ALWAYS sweetened iced tea.

Is this common throughout the SCA?  If not, what beverages are served
at feast in other kingdoms?  And a question for Meridiens on the list:
is it so expected as to be required?  Would the absence of iced tea
ruin a feast?

Just wondering,

Tara