SC - What is

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sun Mar 5 20:24:52 PST 2000

Hi everybody!

Ok- they aren't Saxon (the joke was too cute not to say) but they are
all over in the walkway, etc, and as I LOOOVE violets (though not as
much as I love my sweetie ;-) I'd like to put them by. And yes, Stefan,
I already looked in the Florilegium, and found a couple of non-specifc
flower-candying things that listed violets. I seemed to remember that
one could layer them up in sugar, not really candying the flowers but
giving the sugar a nice scent and taste. I also thought that they could
be candied much like citrus peels. Violets are my totem and since
they're there... anyone have any ideas?

'Lainie