SC - question after recipe

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Mar 5 20:31:20 PST 2000

> Well, I think this idea has merits. If we are going to hold Royalty out as
> high and mighty and much more important than the rest of the populace then
> this make sense. I find it rather insulting for the populace to have to wait,
> sometimes hours, for the feast because the Royalty are not ready at the
> scheduled time. And this has happened in Ansteorra. At an outdoor feast,
> which was threatening rain, while the Queen waved to the gathered populace
> and continued her leisurely walk to the showers. I would have gone ahead
> and served the feast but the headcook wouldn't.

> Stefan

This is not an indication of the need for private cooks but more for the need of

Crowns who give a damn about their populace. Too often those in charge forget
the SCA does not revolve around them. I do recall a couple of times when
meetings
or something would go a bit long. I always told the Steward to serve feast. Part

of that is being a cook myself but the other part is giving a damn about my
people.

I think that Queen should have been reminded of the fact and given the
opportunity
to let her people dine or been tarred and feathered in effigy. Most Crowns have
a lot on their minds and she probably didn't realize what was going on. When
asked I'm quite sure she would have allowed feast to begin. If not, then thank
heaven for six month reigns.  And if it was Sara, I'll kick her rump myself.

Yers,

Gunthar