SC - RE:Lent

Ysmay@aol.com Ysmay at aol.com
Wed Mar 8 22:23:51 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/9/00 12:35:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
parlei at algonet.se writes:

<<
 On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 DianaFiona at aol.com wrote:

 > enough salad for 200--250 in a well-scrubbed giant ice chest. As has been
 > discussed before, ice chests work quite well to keep cooked dishes hot, as
 > well as cold, and can be a feast-saver when you don't have oven or stove
 > space enough to cook everything at once..................

 Are you certain that the ice-chest is "approved" for hot foods? For oil
 or acidic foods?

 /UlfR

 --

    No, and I haven't figured out how to check up on it easily yet. But I
figure that an ice chest, designed to hold food to start with, is *likely* to
be made of food safe plastic, or at least of very low toxicity. Sometimes the
tendency of the US government to overregulate everything in sight can come in
handy............. ;-) And if nothing else, it's *got* to be safer than using
trash bags with built in insecticide!

                Ldy Diana