SC - self discipline

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Thu Mar 9 06:48:26 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 9 Mar 00,, that Stefan li Rous wrote:

> "Pomegranate Molasses"? Check the ingredient label. Was this pure
> pomegranate juice, perhaps reduced? Or pomegranate juice, perhaps
> with molasses or sugar added?

> I did find straight pomegranate juice at an Iranian food store this
> last fall. If it has sugar added, just be aware of it.

The label is missing, but I recognized the brand name on the bottle cap.
 Pomegranate molasses is reduced juice which has sugar added, but it
is still fairly tart.  Unfortunately, the Russian grocery where I used to get
straight juice has been having supply problems, and has not carried it in
ages.

> Check some of the sources given in this file in the FOOD section of my
> files: verjuice-msg      (39K) 12/ 9/99    Medieval verjuice. Modern
> substitutions.

Thank you, I will.  I'm still hoping to find a local source, rather than have
to go through the extra time and expense of mail-order.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net