SC - Feast Fees in Ansteorra

Suzanne Powell scpowell at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 10:43:57 PST 2000

> Entirely possible; I am in Steppes.  When I contacted the Autocrat about a
> site-only fee for 12th Night, since none was listed in the ads and I
> figured I would not be there for the feast due to other obligations, I was
> told that there is NO SUCH THING IN Ansteorra.  Not just the Barony but
> the whole Kingdom.  I replied that this seems odd and got a somewhat
> snooty "well, you haven't been in this Kingdom long, have you, that's the
> way it's done HERE" reply.
>
> It seemed very odd, but since the other events have with one exception all
> been camping, I figured that it was the policy for in-hall events to have
> an all-inclusive fee.  Maybe it's just Steppes that does it this way.
> Guess I'll have to travel to other regions in the Kingdom (now that I have
> a job that lets me stay in town mostly, at least after early May) and see
> how it's done elsewhere.
>
>                      ---= Morgan

As well as being rudely delivered, the information is incorrect.  Most of
the feasts I have attended in Ansteorra over the past 20 odd years have been
budgeted and sold seperate from the event fees.  It may be that Steppes
Twelfth Night being a feast combined the fees, but I vaguely remember that
feast being sold seperately back when we were a principality.

I've done feasts both ways and I much prefer seperate budgeting and fees.

Bear