SC - L vs P kitchens

allilyn@juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri Mar 10 12:00:25 PST 2000

They even hid it at the very end of the recipe list!  Last recipe listed.  I feel a rush in the near future of cooks trying Zabaglione at feasts.

Huge stock pots with large metal salad bowls, and four foot wisks with cooks standing on stools over the make-shift double boiler from he**.

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> Christina Nevin wrote:
>
> useful for tabledressing and selection of feastgear. It also is the first
> place I've found that mentions zabaglione as being in period, for which I am
> happy to forgive it much!

There's a recipe for zabaglione in the new Scully translation/edition of
the Morgan Library's Buhler MS 19...

"220. For four cups of Zabaglione get twelve fresh egg yolks, three
ounces of sugar, half an ounce of good cinnamon and a beaker of good
sweet wine; cook this until it is thick as a broth; then take it out and
set it on a plate in front of the boys. And if you like you can add a
bit of fresh butter."

Sorry, girls can't have any. This dish is only period for boys. It says
so right there.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy