SC - Rayne's water buffalo

RichSCA@aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Sat Mar 11 19:22:29 PST 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> some of the discussion and more details on the "Harpestraeng" series of
> texts can be found in this file in the FOOD-BOOKS section of my files:
> Harpstrang-cb-msg (34K) 10/19/99    The Harpestraeng cookbook. The
> oldest cookbook in the Western world.

In the absence of someone more officially entitled, and full of more
emotional attachment to this issue, I will take this opportunity to say, "Harumph!"

" 'Harumph,' I say! It may be the oldest _medieval_ cookbook in
Christian Europe, but neither the oldest cookbook in the Western World,
nor even the oldest medieval cookbook in the Western World. In the
civilized parts of the Iberian peninsula, before the reconquest of the
barbarian Franks, etc., etc."

Phil / Adamantius (did I do it right???)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com