SC - Re: aqua vitae

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Sun Mar 12 08:09:41 PST 2000

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> What, not even with rattan? I know a pretty villainous trick involving
> the Ooold Axe-Behind-The-Calf-Muscle...

No, never with rattan. And of course never with steel cutlery of any
kind, since that would imply the possiblity of felonies committed on
someones part.

Actually, the way you describe it as the chefs habit I have allways
followed. Makes sense. Anything else is dangerous without intent, which
is irresponsible.

ObCooks: Anyone got any good advice on cooking "creme boylede". I've
made it twice, the time I made it over a campfire it turned out divine,
but the time I made it in the kitchen it had a bit of the "scrambled
eggs" texture. Is there som trick apart from never letting it boil or
even get too close to boiling?

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
We have only two things to worry about: either that things will never get
back to normal, or that they already have.