SC - begging,,,,,

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 19:30:49 PST 2000

> >Many of us use the new translation by Mary Ella Milham which is still in
> >print in hardbound for about $40 and in an abridged trade paperback for
> >under $20.
>
> How much different is the paperback from the hard cover?  I just ordered
> the
> paperback from B&N as it was cheaper and I didn't know that there was a
> difference in the two editions.  Is her translation the best of the bunch
> or
> do people on the list recommend a different one?
>
> Daniel Raoul

Dr. Milham is a classicist and her translation has been compiled by
comparing and evaluating all known versions of Platina.  It is probably the
best translation of the work ever prepared.

The hardbound and the paperback are of the Milham translation and were
published by the University of Arizona.

IIRC, and we should ask Devra to check me on this, the paperback version
does not have the Latin text and the some of the scholarly notes.  If all
you are interested in is the translation, the paperback should be fine.

Bear