SC - cooking times

Magdalena magdlena at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 20 17:16:37 PST 2000

 <<   Short on time at a camping event?  ALWAYS!  besides who wants to stay all day in camp minding the spit?   <<<SNIP>>>
    Caointiarn>>

Done well, it is a social event all its own.  Make some beer and invite friends to baste the beast with you.  My last spit roast was a gathering spot for around 20 people who had lunch and stayed for hanging out unti lthe lamb was done for dinner.  We had a glorious time talking about processes, making beer, cooking, telling stories.

Iwouldn't want to do it for every event, but set up in the right traffic flow, you get the best company passing by to chat :o)  It's not for everyone, by any means, but not a bad day for those willing to give it a shot.

niccolo difrancesco