SC - OT No, no, not THAT question!!!

The Cheshire Cat cheshire at southcom.com.au
Mon Mar 20 17:26:01 PST 2000

In a message dated 3/20/2000 12:06:30 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

<<
 > Seriously, I was shocked and delighted to find out that anyone could
purchase
 > a ticket to attend a coronation feast, not just Royals and Peers.

 Huh??? Perhaps I'm mis-reading what you had to say Mordonna, but I find the
 idea that a feast would be limited to Royals and Peers quite revolting and
 patronizing.  >>

Dear, what you forgot to quote was the part about this revelation coming when
I was very young indeed in the SCA.
NO, Society funds are not spent for meals limited to Royals in Atenveldt.
What I was trying to say was that when I came into the Society, I wasn't
expecting it to be handed to me on a silver platter.  I expected to have to
earn perks such as dining with Royalty.  I knew I would not be instantly
accepted as a member, that I'd have to work for it, just as it is necessary
to work for any worthwhile relationship.  I certainly did not expect people
indulging in their hobby to drop what they were doing to make me welcome.

Mordonna the Cook,
SunDragon's Western Reaches
Atenveldt
(m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ)