SC - Lunches in general

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Tue Mar 21 08:12:17 PST 2000

Start thinking up a solteltie.  If you can slide the yolks into
simmering
water and hard cook them, could you do a tower of of them?  Like a
croquembusch?  Not sure that's spelled right.  Serve with one of the
sauces P. recommends for eggs.

Make one of his omelets, using mostly yolks.

Then there is a soup:
Book VII, #26, Groats in Broth.  We have spoken enough about individual
ingredients; now finally the cooks summon me to food preparations.  Cook

clean, washed groats in chicken broth for a long time, and when it is
cooked, transfer part to a dish.  When it has cooled a little, put in
three egg yolks combined with saffron, and again transfer to the pot and

sprinkle with spices.

Milham says that here Platina resumes the translation of Martino exactly

where he left it at the end of Book VI.  Almost the same soup is in the
Neapolitan: #9 Spelt porridge.  Cook the spelt in a pot with fat and
lean
broth and, when it is well cooked, add in one or two egg yolks beaten
with grated cheese, along with pepper, saffron, and cinnamon; and when
it
is set to cook, add in a piece of cured ham; when it is cooked, put
cheese on top and serve it.
Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com