SC - Riccotta cheese

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 21 08:23:55 PST 2000

Lainie wrote:

As I understand it, the Main Meal was in the middle of the day, with a
brief bite in the morning and a light supper in the evening (if at all-
there are plenty of clerical admonitions against eating in the evening-
it leads to lechery and other forms of dissolute living). In the US
pioneer days, the main meal at midday was called Dinner, the lighter
meal in the evening was Supper. I remember being mighty confused at the
Little House books until my mother explained this to me.

That's what I was wondering I have always been hungrier at lunch than at
dinner when I am busy during the day.  Plus, with the problems of digesting
taking longer, it makes more sense if you were to go to bed earlier to eat
lighter.  I was thinking of the Little House books too but couldn't remember
the supper-dinner switch.  Thanks Lainie!

Murkial