SC - Re: couscous?

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Tue Mar 21 12:58:28 PST 2000

> It hadn't occured to me that there was any other sort of couscous.
> Semolina is made from wheat, isn't it? (I seem to remember avoiding
> couscous when cooking for a wheat-allergic before). What am I
> missing this time?

Yeah, I thought Semolina was a coarse meal from the "starchy parts"
of the wheat kernel....

IF that is not what it is, what IS semolina?

Or are you referring to some kind of whole wheat meal cooked in the
manner of cous cous?

Why is cous cous made form semolina "evil" and "non-period" but
other kinds of semolina noodles acceptable? or are all semolina based
noodles "evil" and "unperiod"?

_I_ thought "Cous Cous" was made of semi-dry noodle dough, formed into
very fine pellets by some mechanical action, cooked in water or broth
rather like cooking (broth based) frumenty...
Was I incorrect?

I really want clarification on this...

"pleese splain wha ju ard talkin bout"

brandu