SC - Re: couscous?

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Tue Mar 21 13:57:42 PST 2000

I've seen two methods described for making couscous.  The first is to crush
semolina to the desired fineness, then steam it to pre-cook the grains.  The
second is to take a finer semolina meal, mix it with some flour and salty
water, then work the dough into finer and finer pellets by hand.

Most of the couscous in the US is made by the second method in an automated
process.  Most of the product is in the 1 to 2 mm range and is classed as
being of medium fineness.  So I would say you are correct.

Bear