SC - Bruse Butter Recipe Request

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Fri Mar 24 16:10:04 PST 2000

Adamantius wrote:
>I had a tablemate at the last event feast I was at, who I think was a
>bit thrown by my eating macrows one at a time with my fingers. She
>commented, "I always thought there was no way in the world to eat
>spaghetti with your hands and make it look elegant."

I've always thought that salad and noodles are finger food, but then,
look at the epithet to my name.

>Of course I offered
>to share my scented fingerbowl with her, as any gentleman ought
>to...strange to say, she politely declined.

While i haven't used a finger bowl at an event yet, i'm planning to
bringing a pitcher, bowl, and towels this time so people who come to
my "Moorish Science Reading Room" at West Crown this weekend will
have clean hands when they handle my books.

In the past, for non-SCA events, i've usually used rosewater. I
realize we've discussed an existing recipe for scented hand water in
another thread. I'm wondering who else here has actually used either
a pitcher of water poured over diners hands before a meal (as is done
at Passover) or finger bowls after the meal and what, if anything,
you've scented the water with.

Anahita al-shazhiyya