SC - no Anglo-Saxon recipes?

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Mar 26 08:27:06 PST 2000

    Well, this is the Balsamic Vinaigrette I make:

    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/3 to 1/2 cup ketchup (depending on taste)
    1 onion, grated (save juice)
    1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    1 pint oil

    Mix everything except oil, then slowly blend in oil, whip for 10 min.

    Don't soak the Portobello's for too long; I usually do a fast dip to
cover them, and then let them set for 10-15 minutes to let the vinaigrette
soak in and flavor the meat. Then I just grill them over charcoal when I do
steaks; they're a great accompaniment! This goes really well on spinach
salad, I might add.

    Sieggy