SC - don't cringe too bad....

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Mar 26 08:22:35 PST 2000

Barbecue, the verb, means to grill, roast or broil meat or seafood (commonly
basted with a seasoned sauce during the cooking) over live coals or and open
fire.

Barbecue, the noun, is the pit, grill or fireplace for roasting meat.

Doesn't say whether its beef or pork.  Why I swan, in these decadent days
they're throwin'  veggies on the grill and calling "that" BBQ.  It's a far
cry from when them Spanish fellers swiped the practice and the name
"barbacoa" from the Taino.

Bear