SC - Re:Juice of Sour Oranges

Aelfwyn@aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 13:58:33 PST 2000

- --- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:

> Sue Clemenger wrote:
> >
> > NW Montana (Missoula), on the other side of much
> of the Rockies..., I suspect our
> > climate may be too dry (I've been told it's
> "semi-arid.").
> > --Maire
>
> Probably too dry then, and maybe with too long a
> winter. 55 and raining
> is pretty standard through our fall/winter/spring.
>
> 'Lainie

It's probably the dry, hot summer weather, but they'll
grow in the shady areas of my Mom's lawn in Spokane
just fine; Missoula's climate isn't too different, is
it?  We could probably send you some seeds this spring
if you want to try growing some -- or even some plants
if a transport method could be worked out.  They bloom
there in about May or so.  I assume they're edible; if
there is a variety of violet or a similar flower that
isn't, someone please correct me!

Dana/Ximena