SC - Re:Juice of Sour Oranges

Aelfwyn at aol.com Aelfwyn at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 13:58:33 PST 2000

The juice I mentioned for the _Medieval Kitchen_ recipe is in a 24oz. bottle.
Labeled: GOYA Naranja Agria Bitter Orange marinade from concentrate. with a
pretty picture of some oranges. Ingredients say: water, Seville orange juice
concentrate, Seville orange pulp cells, preservatives....Now before folks can
flame about this being a from concentrate product, please consider that some
of us live in less than optimal food shopping areas. In 30+ years of grocery
shopping in Maine I have never seen actual Seville oranges that I could buy
and squeeze. And since my favorite (and only) specialty foods store in the
nearby city of Portland closed, shopping is rough. I do enjoy the fact that
living 10 miles from the only surviving Shaker village means I can get all
kinds of delightful herbs at good prices and have taken cooking class with
some of the Sisters and Brothers. Now if I can only find another bottle of
Rose Water in this State before Saturday's feast!
Aelfwyn
who went to turn to browning roast for supper and came back to another digest!