SC - OOP - Resturant Talk

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Mar 28 19:20:27 PST 2000

I've seen much higher prices in the years I worked for a professional tent and
awning company.  It depends quite a bit on factors such as size, type of
materials, type of frame, special features, etc.  Some types of fabrics can be
quite expensive--$20 and up/yd, and add in a frame(depending on type), other
parts, and labor (many are quite labor intensive), and it can get expensive
really, really fast.
I made a basic 18'x27' pavilion for our Barony using my own labor and specially
priced Sunbrella and hardware (boss gave us a huge, huge break).  Between my
donated labor, and the cost of the materials to the Barony, the tent is worth
almost 6 grand.  No dancing girls or concubines....
- --Maire